Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Project

MMario posted a new pattern for us to test knit on Friday, 8/8/08. It is the Benden WeyrHold Shawl, designed for fingering to sport weight yarn. Since I didn't have any yarn of that weight with enough yardage to knit the shawl in, I plied up some 2/19 into 6/19 yarn (that is three strands of the original yarn plied together), that gave me a light fingering weight yarn for it. I cast on this morning and am already up to row 8 in just a short time. I'll be taking this one with me for some short trips.

I have about 150 rows left on Mystic Waters and still slowly working my way through Mystic Meadows. They are both getting knitting time, just not as much as I would like with organizing my craft stuff and packing away anything that isn't needed for what I have on the needles or planned to go on the needles in the next month.

As for KAL's, I'm signed up for two and waiting on the start date of the next one in the Mystic Element series. Tomorrow, 8/15/08, the Secret of the Stole III starts. I am going to use some 2/28 NM 100% silk with some silver-lined alabaster beads for it. Mystery Stole 4 starts on 9/5/08 and I will be using some 2/28 NM 70% merino/20% silk/10% cashmere yarn with the silver-lined alabaster beads for it.

No comments: