Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I FINALLY finished the colorwork socks! No, there are no pics of them, as I was so tired of looking at them, I just put them away for the summer. While I was putting away the extra yarn...I found some handspun Shetland yarn, well it jumped out of the storage bin into my lap and onto the needles. It is now becoming the Barbara Shawl by Jeanie Townsend, a free pattern that you can get here. I wasn't planning on using this yarn as I don't have much, but...it wants to be this shaw. I'm hoping that I have enough yarn to make the whole shawl, if not at least the main body of it and then can do a contrasting border.

I am still trying to decide what pattern to do for the Spun Stitches KAL, was thinking about this pattern, but still not to sure about it. I have the yarn spun, plied and washed. There is 600 yards of it, but don't know the wpi yet. I am making a wpi tool today out of some doweling that I have laying around the house.

Still waiting on the yarn and beads to get here for the MS3 KAL. My friend, Shelly, bought them for me. All I know is that the yarn is Jaggerspun Zephyr in Copper, don't know what color the beads will be. The first clue comes out on June 29, but the list doesn't close until July 6th. If you would like more information go here.

No comments: