Thursday, September 02, 2004

I decided not to make a blanket to match the sweater and hat, just can't seem to get one that look right. I also don't have enoungh of the yarn I realized. There might be enough to make something else, but not a blanket or another sweater. I am thinking about which yarn to use for the next sweater and what pattern to use. I was a Wal-Mart last week and they had a book of baby sweaters on sale for $1! Most of the patterns call for sport weight yarn, but I'm thinking that I can use the worsted weight and one of the smaller sizes to make them by.

I got Jenny's socks fixed and now she can wear them. I found some mint green wool yarn that is about the same weight and I'm using that for another pair for her. Then I will take the left overs from both colors and make a third pair. I have the first sock of a pair for Bob up to the point where I need to try it on and make sure it fits, before I go any farther on it. I love the yarn I'm using for his, it is Sockina Colori by Schoeller and Stahl. It was given to me by my friend Maggie in exchange for a coffee mug. :) I have other yarn from her to use for socks for me and Bob, so we are both having fun finding special mugs to send her.

I got 2 ounces of the 16 ounces of Spring spun up, now to get the rest of it done. This is going to make me a shawl to use starting this fall. I'm hoping to get it done before to long as the nights are getting chilly and when I have to get up to take the dog out, I would love to have something to wrap around my shoulders.

No comments: