Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I finished Bob's hat in time for him to take it with him. He has realized that I need to modify it a bit to keep his ears covered, so will do that when he gets back. I finished the first sock of my colorwork pair! Now to cast on the second and get it done.

I figured out what I was doing wrong with my spinning wheel and have filled two bobbins with the merino. I will be plying that today. I have two pounds of the merino to spin, and each bobbin holds 4 ounces, so it will take a while to get it all spun. It looks to be about a sport weight yarn, which is nice. I'm still trying to decide what I want to make with it when I finish spinning it. I also want to ply some shetland that I spindle spun, thinking about using it with the denim B&L for another pair of colorwork socks.

Still to cold to do much yardwork, but I am starting to plan a veggie garden for this year. We want to plant corn, green beans, carrots, eggplant (for me), radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, watermelon, pumpkins, peppers (bell and banana), and some other veggies. Getting the list of seeds/transplants made now and have to decide where to put the garden. Once the site is decided, then I will have to dig it up and start adding the peat moss, humus and other stuff to the soil to make it rich enough to grow the crops.

The goats are doing good. They have nice thick coats and I'm looking forward to shearing them in March or April, depending on the weather. I am working on a deal to have a friend card the fiber and blend it either with some wool that I'm getting or some of the fiber from her animals.

No comments: