Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I have finished the leg, heel flap, turned the heel, picked up and decreased the gussets and now on the foot of the first sock of this pair. It is going really fast and looks great. I'm hoping to get sock one done and the second sock on the needles this week. I REALLY need this pair as the leg is longer than my other socks and the weather is getting chilly in the mornings.

I'm still working on washing up Frio's fleece, there is a lot of it and it is VERY dirty, mainly dirt and some VM. It is taking up to 4 washes to get all the dirt out, so this is going to be a long process. I'll be glad when it is all washed, then I can decide what to do with it. I know Bob wants a pair of socks out of the mohair, but with about 6 pounds between the two wethers, I should have enough to make the socks plus something else.

The goats are working their way to the back fence, I get a kick out of watching them browse on the weeds. They nibble here, then nibble there, then back to the first spot for a bit, then they come up by the house to lay down and chew their cud. The backyard should be cleared out by Christmas at the rate they are eating. Then will come the fun of getting fencing so that I can move them to a new area to browse. We still have the whole north lot to fence, so they can have it to clear.

Billy and I have just about finished the first side of the driveway and will start back at the southend on the other side, this week. At least we can get into and out of the driveway now, back when I started on it, there was barely enough room for a SMALL car to drive on it and no place to get out of the car! Two of the flower beds are weeded and I'm working on the area where my lilacs are. I lost two of the ones in front and still can't find the one in the backyard, so probably lost that one too. :( They were my Mother's Day gift from Bob and the kids.

When we start working on the southeast side of the driveway, we will also be working on finding the third big flower bed. The fourth one is still pretty clear, and we are still working on filling it up with dirt, humus, peat moss and gypsum (to soften the ground). We have one end filled up and planted two Purple Fountian Grasses in it. I'm hoping the grasses survive the winter, this will be our second time trying it, but we were told what to do to help it survive.

No comments: