Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm working on another pair of cabled socks for Bob, since he liked the way the Knitting Olympic pair fit. I'm planning on using Serpentine Cables from Barbara Walker's _A Treasury of Knitting Patterns_, the first treasury book. It is an all over cable, so I am having to swatch it in the round to see how to handle the cable crossings that occur at the joining of the rounds. I'm not using the yarn that the socks are going to be made out of, as I already had the ribbing done for the first sock, before I realized that I may have problems with the all over cable pattern. So, I am using some Katia Mississippi 3 that I was given and have fallen in love with it. I didn't think that I would like a cotton/acrylic blend yarn as much as I do this, but it has a nice stitch definition and is easy to work with. I would love enough to make a top out of.

I have a design for a summer top that I am working on, it would be a short sleeve lace top to wear over a camisole. I will be posting more on it when I get further along on the design. I just started to come up with it yesterday while working on the cable swatch.

No comments: