Friday, March 10, 2006

I finished the second sock of my Knitting Olympic pair last night. We have been having high winds most of the week, so have had more time to knit. The winds have been steady at 35 mph and gusting up to 50 mph. We are expecting more of the same today. :(

On Tuesday, my daughter, Jenny, and I dug up and redid the daylily bed. This was the first bed that we planted and never got any thing added to the soil to help make it rich. We dug all the plants out, except for the two roses and the Dutch iris. Then we added six bags of topsoil, one bag of composted mulch and a cubic foot of peat moss and tilled it all in. Then we added some large rocks as decoration, to add shade and act as wind breaks for some of the small plants. We then replanted all the plants back into the bed. It looks real nice and I'm hoping that everything survives, since the temps dropped and the winds came up after that.

No comments: