Monday, June 21, 2004

I recieved some fiber on June 10th, that I had made a trade for. I got 4 ounces each of 4 different colorways and 16 ounces of another one. The fiber is from Wonderland Dyeworks. I have Spring, Aurora, Mist, Pacific and Berries. The ones that I got 4 ounces of are for socks and the other is for a shawl for me to use in the mornings and evenings while enjoying the outside. I got 2 ounces of the Aurora spun up. It is going to make a nice soft, but strong yarn.

I completed spinning up some natural romeldale that I have been working on for over a year, today. There was 4 ounces of it and for some reason I just couldn't work on it for long at a time. I sat down today with the last of it and finished spinning it up. I will have it plied by the time I go to bed tonight. I am trying to decide if I want to dye it or leave it the color it is, that might depend on how it looks after being washed.

I'll be moving into a bigger place in a week. I'm really looking forward to it as I will be able to set raised beds for dye plants and then a dye kitchen so that I can really work at learning how to dye.

No comments: