Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I have finished Clue 4 of the MS3 and have the first chart of Clue 5 done. So far I like the way the wing looks in the brown. I'll know more when I get farther along on it.

I got my socks done and they turned out nice. I'm working on a short summer pair for Bob now. They are out of Lang Jawoll Jacquard in a k1, p1 ribbing. The leg is only 2.75" long, so I will have enough for the foot of the socks, as Lang Jawoll's skiens are smaller than normal.

I got some nice presents for my b-day this year. Bob got me 15 ounces of a 50/50 tussah silk/honey rayon blend to spin. Then my MIL gave me $25 to spend on myself. So, I ordered two books on lace knitting, "Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls" and "Gossamer Webs: The History and Techniques of Orenburg Lace Shawls." Both are more reference books than pattern books, they are designed to teach you how to design your own lace shawls. I am looking forward to sitting down with yarn and needles to work on some of the things they talk about.

No comments: