Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I have the green shawl for the Spun Stitches KAL down to the border, but don't have enough yarn to do the border as charted, so it is on hold while I decide what to do for the border.

I got the yarn for the MS3 on Monday and wound it into a ball yesterday afternoon. I was swatching and decided to use size US 2 needles for it. I cast on and got Chart A, the first 50 rows, done. I like the way it is turning out. Had a funny experience, while casting on and working on it. We have been praying for rain, since it has been so dry this spring/early summer. When I pulled the yarn out to ball it, I heard a crack of thunder, then while balling it there was more thunder and started seeing lightening flashes, didn't think much of it as we have been having a lot of dry lightening :( Well...as I started knitting, the rains started! They didn't let up until I had finished the whole first chart, by then it was 8 pm and time to feed the goats and go to bed.

No comments: