Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, I am still waiting to bring the goats down. She won't have a trip down until April and Bob is busy taking a class to become a Training Engineer for Schneider. When he finishes the class, he will be taking out new drivers and helping them get experience behind the wheel with an experienced driver. Hopefully when he gets back from the class and taking his first student out, we can get the new goats.

I finally spun up some fiber I've had since I first learned to spin. It is a colorway called "Chocolate Covered Cherries," a dark chocolate wool, with a lot of crimp and mohair that is dyed red. It made a nice thick/thin bulky weight yarn, that I'm using for a simple garter stitch shawl. Here are pics of the yarn and shawl. I am still working on my colorwork socks. I'm on the heel flap of the second sock, just taking my time knitting on them as they cause my hands to cramp, lately. I still have the Berries on the Wagon Wheel spindle, getting it done slowly. I need to get back to work on the Spring colorway, so that I can get it done for another shawl. I have been working on it for about 3 years now, but spindle spinning a pound of fiber takes time.

I got two blueberry bushes and two climbing roses so far this spring. Put the blueberries out by the Ponderosa Pines and the roses are going to go on the south end of the house. Just starting on all the spring yardwork, having to do the pruning and weeding to get things ready for the year.

No comments: