Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I got Sabino sheared on Saturday, it took me 3-4 hours to do it! He had a lot of fiber! Almost a full standard pillowcase full :) My back didn't like me bending over for that long, so I spent Sunday on pain meds. Now I still have to get Frio sheared and it looks like the weather is going to change and start raining again :(

I have washed all of Strawberry's, all of Peaches and half of Sabino's fiber. Now all I have to do is card and spin it all up. I'm trying to decide what to do, use it as part of a throw for my MIL or make socks for Bob out of it. He has always wanted some mohair socks...so that might be what I make out of some of it.

I'm slowly getting the yard weeded. I have to finish getting the newest flower bed filled in, so I can plant some ornamental grass. This will be the second time we have bought some purple fountian grass, it made it through the summer but died during the winter the first time. I'm hoping that it will survive the winter this time. The sound of the wind in it is so nice and relaxing and the purple color is a nice contrast to the other plants.

No comments: