Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm so bad at keeping my blog up to date. So lets see...

The socks for Bob are done and two more pairs besides. I ran out of yarn on the toe of the second sock of the first pair, so had to finish that with a different color. He doesn't care, they fit and keep his feet warm. To keep that from happening, I made the leg of the sock 7.5" instead of 8". That gives me a bit of extra yarn for mending, if needed. I have enough yarn for two more pairs for him. One is my project for the Knitting Olympics, I'm on Team DPN. They are going to be out of Opal yarn, in blue with flecks of purple and lime green, with cables.

My granddaughter has decided that her poncho works better as a skirt...So now I need to make her more of them, according to Bob. So we will see, what yarn I can come up with for another one for her.

I got a package in the mail today from a friend. She sent me 3 sets of size 0 needles, 10 needles per set, and 2 sets of 4 size 1 needles. She also sent me two 50 gram skeins of Katia Mississippi 3, a 60% cotton/40% acrylic blend in a lime green and a 100 gram skein of Fortissima Colori 1000 in a gray colorway. The needles were in homemade needle holders, they are cloth with a flap top and tie with ribbon. Each holder can hold up to 3 sets of needles.

No comments: